Thursday, May 20, 2010

I Quit!

No, Not really. I don't know what Quit means

Yesterday was a typical day. 

6:30 I wake up . I lay in bed and plan my day.

7am I'm up feeding cats, dogs, making coffee.

8 am Blogging, checking email, facebook etc

9am - 6pm in the studio painting (hubby drags me away today for a bit to look at a chipper shredder a local man is selling)

6pm checking email, planning my evening

7pm- 10:30 a quick dinner (if it can't be made in 20 minutes, forget it!)  updated my resume, prepared thank you 'packets' to recent buyers.

10:30 - 11:00 get in bed and read a book ( reading a mindless books about zombies)

Today: I don't want to get out of bed. I'm Burned Out! I had my day planned to go to town, ship 6 paintings and do some shopping. I dragged myself out of bed, spent the day in town. All was going well until the fedex person called and said I had addressed a box to myself! I wanted to cry. "Town" is 1 1/2 hours away and I didn't want to drive back and find out which box was mis-addressed (turned out, I was reusing a box and the wrong address was on one side and the correct address was on the other).

Time for a break! I have no imminent deadlines, no promises I've made . So I'm taking a 3 day vacation.

Vacation? To me that means that those  talavera Mexican tiles that I bought over a year ago for my kitchen counter tops WILL be put in. My flower beds that I've neglected for the past 2 years will be weeded. Yep, I have a type 'A' personality. I can't sit and do nothing. But it looks like I need to take a break from my Art Business  and get centered. I'll be back at my easel bright and early Monday morning.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting to read how you organize your days. I try to get to painting before noon, but in most cases I don't for one reason or another. Thanks for letting us into your daily life.

    ReplyDelete