Thursday, July 15, 2010

Rare Gallery, Jackson Hole


                        Diamond Bar, 36 x 36, oil on canvas

I was on Facebook a while back and found another artist I like. I went to his website and saw that he was showing at RARE Gallery in Jackson Hole. I've been wanting to get back into a Jackson Hole gallery for some time now and after looking at the gallery online I thought we would be a good match. Of course I put it on my To Do list. I'd get to it eventually. In the mean time, I was on facebook  and saw that another artist I admire was accepted into this same gallery. Aaargh! Why did I wait. Could they possibly have room for me too? Still I waited. Last week I finally emailed the gallery with images, a bio and resume and a note saying I wanted them to represent me. I immediately got a call from the gallery and an hour later I was in! 

How will this gallery work out for me? Only time will tell. I have great hopes.

The lesson I learned from this 1) social networking can provide valuable leads. 2) Don't wait about making contact with folks and galleries. 3) sometimes it really seems like a struggle getting accepted into galleries and then suddenly thing will fall into place. The more galleries you contact , the better your chances are of getting into one.

1 comment:

  1. Well, getting into this gallery is a wonderful achievement and congratulations! I know how hard it is to pick yourself up and get the courage and the where-with-all to actually pursue these things! I can
    be a Queen Procrastinator sometimes. Nice, lovely, solid work - great recognizable style.

    ReplyDelete